Book an Appointment

Pet of the Month

A page dedicated to our very own star pets at Well House Vets

December 2018: Breeze

Breeze, an 11-year-old Springer Spaniel gave her owners a fright one night when she became very lethargic and depressed. 

Her very worried owners rushed her to the vet, after she was examined, she was quickly sent to our emergency out of hours vets for intravenous fluids and monitoring overnight. After being monitored at Vets Now overnight her condition was deteriorating, so we took her to theatre to investigate a mass on her spleen which was discovered on ultrasound. 

It was all hands-on deck to prepare theatre and Breeze for surgery. It took a Vet and 2 nurses to carry out the surgery as Breeze was a very poorly girl. Once we were operating on Breeze the mass was found on her Spleen but all her other organs looked fine, so the Vet proceeded with the surgical removal of the spleen (Splenectomy). The surgery went well and Breeze was stable throughout. She was monitored closely by one of our nurses in recovery and came around well from the anaesthetic. Once she was awake enough, we took her out for a little wander in the garden so she was able to stretch her legs, even after her big operation she was still wagging her tail on the walk which brought a tear to the nurses’ eyes for how brave she was! A sample of the Spleen was sent to an external lab to test to identify what the mass was. The results revealed that the mass was a heamatoma, which is brilliant news, and she shouldn’t require any further treatment. 

Breeze has been coming back for regular post-op checks with our Vets so they are able to monitor her progress. She has now had her last post-op check and she has recovered marvellously well and still greets us every time with a waggy tail! She’s got an ‘excess’ of energy according to her owner, and is looking forward to some healthy long walks now. Well done Breeze.

November 2018: Martha

  

 

Meet Martha, she is a 1-year old whippet who is a regular visitor of ours after breaking her leg as a puppy at the beginning of the year. She broke her right hock (ankle) whilst playing with her older sister Velvet. Here are some before and after X-Rays of Martha’s hock which has now successfully healed. Last week she was admitted to our Tunbridge Wells Branch for 2 days after eating some paracetamol that she chewed out of a packet. Martha's owners are aware of how toxic paracetamol can be and called us immediately. Luckily Martha never developed any toxicity symptoms and has been discharged. Here are some photos of Martha getting cuddles with Vet Nikki and Nursing Assistant Annabel. If you are ever concerned about your pet ingesting anything potentially toxic, there is now a dedicated helpline run by Veterinary Poison Information Service (VPIS) or alternatively call your vets immediately. 

Practice information

Crowborough Clinic

Back
  • Mon
    8:00am - 7:00pm
  • Tue
    8:00am - 7:00pm
  • Wed
    8:00am - 7:00pm
  • Thu
    8:00am - 7:00pm
  • Fri
    8:00am - 7:00pm
  • Sat
    8:00am - 5:00pm
  • Sun
    Closed

Emergency Details

Please call:

01892 653088
Back

Find us here:

Crowborough Hill Crowborough East Sussex TN6 2SE
get directions with Google Maps
Back

Please call this number for emergencies:

01892 653088

Tunbridge Wells Clinic

Back
  • Mon
    8:00am - 6:30pm
  • Tue
    8:00am - 6:30pm
  • Wed
    8:00am - 6:30pm
  • Thu
    8:00am - 6:30pm
  • Fri
    8:00am - 6:30pm
  • Sat
    8:00am - 12:00pm
  • Sun
    Closed

Emergency Details

Please call:

01892 515885
Back

Find us here:

Summerfield Lodge 24 Eridge Road Tunbridge Wells Kent TN4 8HJ
get directions with Google Maps
Back

Please call this number for emergencies:

01892 515885